Scale Up, Go Agile, and Enhance UX with the Lo-Code/No-Code Test Automation Framework
Organizations are leveraging low-code/no-code platforms to deploy apps faster. Minimizing hand-coding takes the pressure off the IT teams and allows for a faster time to market.
At Opteamix, we have developed a proprietary test automation framework – The Lo-Code/No-Code Test Automation Framework that helps us develop automation test scripts with very little (or no) coding knowledge to create test automation workflows. This provides for a great user experience (in terms of features), scalability, and agility for the business.
It is beneficial to have a scalable and resilient test automation framework that helps with the challenging demands of any business. Here are some more unique features of the Lo-Code/No-Code Test Automation Framework:
- Accurate object spying, resulting in increased coverage and accuracy
- Studio Editor with intuitive UI and built-in/custom keywords that enhances usability
- Auto-detection of the element locators to enable auto code generation
- Enhanced maintenance and troubleshooting with the Advanced Debugger functionality
- Ability to make simple configurations for maintaining test iterations and data
- Cross Browser Testing, Parallel Execution, and Grid Execution with simple configuration
The Lo-Code/No-Code Test Automation Framework is a composite solution that includes Test Development, Management, and Tracking. This allows users to automate test cases with no coding/scripting knowledge.
The number of automated test cases may vary from a handful to a few thousand depending on each application. Test cases can be executed with ease.
Traditional vs. Modern Approach to Test Executions
The traditional ways to accelerate the test execution are:
- Execute tests parallelly from multiple machines (Selenium Grid)
- Add more physical machines or VMs as required
This approach will increase the cost (as we add more physical machines and VMs, the increases). This approach also has hardware dependencies, leading to operational limitations.
A better approach is to use an AWS EC2 instance with Docker, providing infinite scaling possibilities and reducing cost and time.
- The customer needs to pay only for the duration that they use, thereby nullifying the use of dedicated hardware
- The tests can be executed in different versions of browsers (Chrome, Firefox, etc.) simultaneously
Here is the visual representation of how we could use an AWS EC2 instance with Docker to scale automated testing.
Steps to execute the tests on AWS EC2 instance:
- Create AWS EC2 instance on AWS console
- Install Docker to compose an instance
- Create containers for different browsers
- Update the automation code to execute on Selenium Hub on AWS
- Execute testing
The central proposition of the “The Opteamix Lo-Code/No-Code Test Automation Framework” is that it is capable of infinite scaling along with a significant reduction in cost and time.
The framework is an automation solution that helps achieve scalability/resiliency, cloud readiness, and cost optimization (with Lo-Code/No-Code custom integration). It renders parallel executions with point-in-time elasticity (on demand) and with simple in-built configurational aspects.
The Lo-Code/No-Code Test Automation Framework technology stack.
|Data Input and Test Results Reporting||Excel|
|Behavior Driven Development Framework||Cucumber with Gherkin|
|Test Implementation Layer/Domain Specific Language (DSL)||Groovy|
|Build Automation Tool||Maven|
|Testing Automation Framework for Web Applications||Selenium Web Driver|
|Continuous Integration (CI) Tool||Jenkins|
|Versioning and Revision Control System||GIT|
The agility of the framework:
The infrastructure has been designed with the option of moving it to the Cloud. Customized reports are available to make progress faster. The framework is secure, reliable, and simple. It makes it more collaborative by expanding the participation of the entire team (business owners, analysts, and other non-technical users) involved in the project.
If you are interested in exploring more about the Lo-Code/No-Code Test Automation Framework, get in touch with us (you can also write to us: email@example.com). We would love to demo the framework and see how it will help you transform your software testing/quality engineering.
Talk to us for a quick assessment